Monday, June 1, 2009

FRUSTRATION!!

It's been a 4 weeks since my last post and the reason why I haven't posted an update is simple, I haven't lost a single pound. I had originally accumulated a number of injuries, some from working out, but mostly due to the fact that my running shoes were 5 years old and no longer suited to support me. I healed up, and as of last week, really felt like I was getting my momentum back and hoped that my weigh in on Sunday would result in actual progress. But again, I weighed in and am still at 308 pounds. I'm at the point where I want to throw my scale out of the window.

Words can't express how frustrated I am at the moment, and I am doubly frustrated because after a pretty intense game of softball yesterday, I am now injured again. I now have a re-pulled hamstring (that I injured when this plateau began) , and have either sprained, or broken my right wrist after diving for a ball. I'll get x-rays tomorrow if it doesn't get any better.

So what to do? I realize that I need to change things up somehow, and a friend of mine has quite generously offered to sign us up for a local boxing gym so that he can be there to train with me and show support.

But for now, what should I do with a bum leg on one side, and a gimpy arm on the other? I'm afraid to lay off to heal as its what caused the month long plateau I'm currently in. But for the life of me, I can't figure out how I should be training.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I promise though that this week, I am not going to be at 308, even if it kills me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Bubba! I've had problems with my leg and arm the past couple of years since the accident and you now, as much as I hate it...there is always swimming :-P I use floats and stuff...sometimes without them, but then I swim a circle. Lol! If not anything else, it's good for a laugh (for everyone else in the pool)! Marie xx

    ReplyDelete