Tuesday, April 21, 2009

30 Pounds - almost there!!


2 more pounds lost and now I am 1.5 pounds from reaching the 30 pound mark!!!! Now that I'm home from tour and the Seattle weather has been amazing, I've started to supplement my workouts with weekly basketball games with friends and have also joined a softball team. If you'd like to come join us for our weekly basketball sessions, shoot me an email. Things were good last week, but I must admit that it has been hard getting back on the exercise wagon after two weeks of touring and little sleep.

The pledges for the fatathon have slowed down a bit so I'm going to start working on some more creative ways to spread the word about this important cause and hopefully find more folks who would be willing to make a pledge and be involved. If you have any ideas or have any skills that you would like to volunteer, please get in touch and let me know. Some ideas I've had are to make a video documenting what the fatathon is about, and post it on the internet making it available for all of you who have pledged to send to your friends and family.

Thanks to all who have pledged and who keep sending your words of encouragement. The support really means a lot, especially during the rough weeks. With 1.5 pounds to go to reach the 30 pound mark, I'm hellbent on making it happen this week!

If you'd like to learn more about Liz, my dear friend who has motivated me to do this, you can check out her blog below.

Liz Army Blog
http://thelizarmy.blogspot.com/



money raised for the Liz Army and Cancer Research thus far - $1646.30

1 comment: